- Epion Digital Check-in offers hardware, software, and training to improve check-in and intake processes with the goals of increasing efficiency and revenue.
- Our software is connected to athenahealth, so all patient-entered data automatically updates your records.
- No more paper forms!
- Delegate the entry and review of demographic and health history information to the patient.
- Replace paper forms (like Consents, Pain Diagrams, or History of Present Illness) with electronic PDFs then automatically upload to your EHR. Your staff will no longer need to scan and/or fax every form. We handle that for you.
- Reduce manual data entry for administrative staff so they can focus on interpersonal and higher value tasks.
Increase Patient Payments:
- Allow patients to review their insurance policy, co-pay and outstanding balances on the iPad.
- Patients are more likely to pay their outstanding balances after reviewing the details of their bills on the iPad.
Improve the Patient Experience:
- Actively engage patients in their healthcare.
- You use the highest quality tools to securely manage their healthcare information.
- Offer patients satisfaction surveys and customized messaging.
After you sign up, you should be able to go live with your customized solution within 1-3 weeks, depending on the size of your organization.
Front desk staff:
- Greets the patient, and collects identification and insurance cards.
- Verifies the patient’s appointment and updates insurance information if necessary.
- Hands an iPad to the patient for check-in.
- Reviews insurance on file, copays and outstanding balances.
- Takes a selfie picture.
- Reviews and/or updates required demographic and health history information.
- Signs up for messaging for the patient portal.
- Signs the required privacy and consent forms directly on the iPad.
- Completes check-in and views a customized message for your practice with a picture and bio of the provider they are seeing.
Yes. All data can be bi-directionally synchronized between the iPad and athenaNet so patients update their records in real-time.
Absolutely. Our software is designed to be easy to use, with large text and buttons. We continually run usability tests across age groups, and welcome feedback from your staff and patients. One of our practice’s average patient age is 55 years old, and their patients use Epion Digital Check-in every day.
The Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) was developed in 1999 as a self-report version of the Primary Care Evaluation of Mental Disorders (PRIME-MD), which was designed for criteria-based diagnosis of several mental disorders that are commonly encountered in primary care. The PHQ-9 depression module is a 9 part evaluation created during the development of PRIME-MD. The PHQ-9 is widely adopted by primary care practices and is quick and easy for a patient to complete. Follow up studies have confirmed that the PHQ-9 has excellent reliability and validity for screening for major depressive episode and for measuring the severity of the symptoms.
- Eliminate printing and scanning the questionnaire
- Reduce manual data entry for your clinical staff
- Assure patients complete their depression screening once a year or more with Epion’s business rules
- Increase revenue by delivering yearly depression screening with the PHQ-9
- Comply with government programs requiring depression screening
- Automate data capture for UDS and other third-party reporting requirements
- Increase Quality Scores
The PHQ-9 is added to the patient’s Epion Check-in and is configured to match your current depression screening workflow. After the patient completes their check-in, the data is transmitted in realtime to your EMR for your clinical staff to review.
Based on your practice configuration, appropriate patients are automatically presented the PHQ-9 depression screener on your Epion Check-in. Individual responses and scores are recorded in the discrete fields of the Screening Questionnaire section. The screening questionnaire is added to the billing summary (procedure mapped or entered manually).
Absolutely. The PHQ-9 has been designed with large intuitive buttons and usability tested with all patient age groups. Patients of all ages can complete the PHQ-9 in under two minutes.